Adapted from Epicurious.com
- 1 bunch beets
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 bunch turnips
- 1 whole yellow onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parsley and thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Peel and chop vegetables into 1-inch chunks (try to keep the size uniform- this will help them cook evenly.)
- Toss veggies in olive oil and sprinkle with herbs, add salt and pepper as desired
- Spread in roasting dish; make sure the vegetables are not crowded (touching each other).
- Place dish in top 1/3rd of oven, roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour (until lightly brown and fork tender.)
- Remove and toss with additional olive oil. Taste and correct seasoning if needed.