adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 package Tara Firma bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch collard greens, loosely chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon, cook until crisp, remove, crumble and return to the pan.
- Add onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook until just fragrant. Add collard greens and fry until they start to wilt.
- Pour in chicken broth, and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until greens are tender.