adapted from savyeat.com
- 1lb chorizo sausage, sliced into 1/2" thick pieces
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2lbs potatoes, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 2 roasted bell peppers (about 3/4), sliced (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often to keep the sausage from sticking to the pan. When it is cooked through, move the chorizo to a large bowl, leaving as much of the fat in the pan as you can.
- Pour the oil into the pan, and heat until the surface shimmers. Add the potatoes and onion and cook, stirring often, until the potatoes are tender and brown on the outside. This should take about 15 minutes, at which point the onion will be soft and browned as well. In the last 5 minutes, add the peppers so that they can heat through.
- Toss the vegetables with the chorizo, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Great for tacos, tortas, or just by themselves!