adapted from Cooks.com
- Giblets from turkey
- 1 cup cold milk or cream
- ½ cup flour or ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- While the turkey is roasting, rinse the giblets and neck and simmer in lightly salted water about 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender, adding the liver the last 30 minutes. Save the broth.
- Remove the meat from the neck and chop fine along with giblets to use in making the gravy.
- To make lump free gravy, pour 1 cup of cold milk into a jar that has a tight lid. Add 1/2 cup of flour or arrowroot on top of the milk, cover quickly and shake well to create a smooth mixture of the milk and flour.
- Use the broth from the giblets and enough milk to make 3 cups of liquid. Pour into roasting pan, heat and scrape the loose brown bits.
- Slowly add flour/arrowroot mixture. Add salt and pepper. Stir and cook until thickened. Add chopped giblets and heat to serve.
- Impress the pants off your family.