This recipe works for any cooking green! The key to success is using quality olive oil :)
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion (any color)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (can be subbed with any cooking green)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Warm your skillet on low to medium heat, add olive oil and onions.
- Saute until the onions have caramelized (turned slightly brown.)
- While that's happening, roughly chop greens, then add to skillet once onions have browned. Stir and cover.
- Uncover and stir every 2 minutes for a total cooking time of 10 minutes (go longer if you prefer softer greens.)
- Just before you remove from heat, use a garlic press to crush garlic into the greens, stir one last time, saute for about a minute.
- Remove from heat, and serve.