A big hit at our October Farm-to-Table Dinner, this delectable dish is sure to please even the "beet haters" at your dinner table!
- 1 lb beets, scrubbed and quartered
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 2-4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add beets and salt, and cook until beets begin to become tender but are still quite hard.
- Add sugar and ginger, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, cover and continue cooking until beets almost done.
- Remove lid and reduce any liquid to a nice consistency.